St John Lutheran Church – Redwood Falls
St. John Lutheran Church Vision Statement
FAMILY OF FAITH
Mission: “Growing in God’s Word and Sharing Jesus with Everyone”
We trust that God will guide and bless our church family as we carry out this mission. With God as
our spiritual GPS, our family of faith will Grow, Prepare, and Share.
As individuals and families of faith, we want to hear the Word regularly and be in the Word daily.
This strengthens our church family.
1. Growing at Home – Efforts will be made so that every church family worships the Lord
and studies his Word in the home.
2. Growing at Church – Through God’s Word and Sacraments, we will encourage one
another in spiritual growth.
3. Growing at School – A growing and vibrant Lutheran elementary school will continue to
assist parents in the spiritual education of their children.
As a family of faith, we want to nurture a growing Christ-like spirit of service in the church, the
school, and the community to build up the body of Christ and give glory to God.
1. Preparing Our Family – Member ministry will prepare our family of faith to use their Godgiven
gifts according to 1 Peter 4:10, “Each of you should use whatever gift you have
received to serve others as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.”
2. Preparing New Members of Our Family – We will work with new members so they
understand St. John ministry and become a vibrant part of our church family.
Our family of faith understands that all people need to hear about salvation in Jesus.
1. Sharing through Our Church – We will be a vibrant and friendly family that actively shares
the message of Jesus as individuals and as a congregation.
2. Sharing through Our School – We will use our school to reach souls with the gospel.